What is a Verified Account?
Following Twitter and Facebook, Instagram has also introduced the blue tick to the accounts of its verified users. The verification symbolizes that the account is authentic and owned by a dignitary or a well-known celebrity or brand. The blue mark often seen on many other social accounts, including Tinder, indicates that the account is verified by the platform and trusted as an authentic personality.
The verified accounts don’t get any special treatment by Instagram, but it helps them engage with their audience more. The reason that people are sure that they are following the genuine figure increases their earnings. If you are also searching about how to get verified on Instagram, this article is written entirely for you!.
Eligibility to get your Account Verified
You don’t need to be a celebrity to apply for Instagram account verification. However, the factors that directly or indirectly affect your verification process are many.
- Instagram picks the accounts to be verified based on their popularity. So if you have an account that is on the verge of being noteworthy, you can get verified.
- Instagram is blunt about its policy that only some accounts of celebrities or public figures can get verified.
- You must follow the Terms and Services as well as the Community Guidelines of Instagram properly.
The criteria that are required to be fulfilled for your Instagram verification are:
- Authenticity –
You should be a real person with an authentic account.
- Uniqueness –
If you own more than one account, then only one of your accounts can get verified.
- Public Account –
The account that needs to be verified should be public.
- Completeness –
Your profile should be complete, including the bio, profile pic, and significant amount of posts.
- Notability –
The account should be well-known or highly searched for.
If your account meets these criteria, then you too can own a verified account.
Points that Restrict your Account from being Verified
You must be aware of the eligibility for Instagram account verification till now. There are certain points to remember that restrict your verification process:
- If you have a meme page or a fan page, you cannot get verified by Instagram.
- If you already have a verified account, then you are not eligible for this process.
- The private accounts are not verified.
- If your profile lacks some information, then the account verification is restricted.
The qualifications for the account verification are quite many, but you can get verified even with a lesser number of followers and not being a public figure.
Procedure of Verification
Here is the step-by-step procedure to get your Instagram account verified. The points are easy to follow but should be performed carefully.
- Log in to your account and visit your profile.
- Click on the Hamburger icon present in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings
- Tap account
- Click on Request Verification
- You will get an application form that needed to be filled.
- Carefully fill in your details – legal name, the working name
- Select your category of account – blogger, influencer, brand, public figure, business, etc.
- Submit a photograph of your official ID – driving license, passport, or any other proof.
- If you have a business account, you have to submit your bills, incorporation articles, tax filling, etc.
- Click on the Send button
Once the Instagram team reviews your application, you will receive a response in the notification bar.
Some tips to get Verified
Due to the issues of scammers, Instagram has made clear that they will not e-mail you or ask for money but directly send a Yes or No in the notification of your account profile. There is no feedback or explanation process.
If you want the blue badge for your account, you should not try to buy the badge or fake followers. Instead, you should monitor the fake accounts if you are facing any issues with them. Then, grow slowly and follow the steps to get your progress worth it!