Smart drugs are a term you won’t be stumbling across very frequently. These are medically known by the term Nootropic Drugs and are a class of substances that have been associated with enhancing brain function and cognitive abilities. These are prescribed by physicians to act as a stimulant for patients suffering from several disorders such as ADHD, narcolepsy, and Alzheimer’s. the drugs have been found very effective in treating those with disorders but their effects on a normal human being are still unrecorded and further research is being carried out in this domain.
What are some of the common prescription smart drugs in the market?
It is not legal to buy these drugs over the counter without the help of a prescription. Some of the common drugs in this category are listed below.
- Modafinil helps to tackle the drowsiness that is often accompanied by narcolepsy.
- Adderall which contains amphetamines is one of the most commonly used drugs in this category and is used to treat patients with ADHD.
- Ritalin is a drug that is issued to manage symptoms of both the ailments mentioned above.
- Axura is used to treat Alzheimer’s.
What are some of the side effects associated with regular consumption of these drugs?
- The most common side effect would be an increased rate of blood pressure in patients.
- With high blood pressure, many patients have also complained of experiencing very fast heart rates.
- Many have also reported a perpetual loss of sleep that got diagnosed as insomnia at a later stage.
- While it might be rare some people have trouble with their vision as well.
- A potentially dangerous side-effect that these drugs have would the capacity to lead to misuse and addiction, in some cases as a coping mechanism.
What are some over-the-counter nootropics for sale?
- Caffeine is one of the most commonly used nootropics that is sold over the counter. These are most commonly found in coffee.
- L-theanine is an amino acid that is most commonly found in green and black teas and also in the form of supplements.
- Omega 3 fatty acids have been known for ages to enhance brain function. These are available in the form of supplements.
- Racetams are a class of synthetic enzymes that have also been found to act as an enhancer for a multitude of brain activities.
So, while many conjectures up the imagery that these drugs can make one smarter in reality the effects are yet to be fully studied. Some studies have shown that some of these natural compounds do work and are completely safe for use over an extended period. For more prominent drugs that are not available on the counter, there have been a lot of concerns surrounding the use and also ethical dilemmas associated with it. Before taking any of these drugs it is strongly recommended that you consult a physician as every individual reacts differently to these chemical compounds and any reactions could lead to serious problems later on.